Position title: Drexel-Dryad Assistant Data Curator
Work hours: Part-time, 10 to 20 hours per week
Start date: ASAP
Location: Metadata Research Center, Rush 213, Drexel University (http://cci.drexel.edu/mrc)
Position Summary: Dryad (http://datadryad.org) is a curated digital repository that makes the data underlying scientific publications discoverable, freely reusable, and citable. The Dryad team works with stakeholders from journals and scientific societies to develop data sharing policies and ensure the long-term sustainability of the repository.
This position performs a variety of curatorial, data quality, and metadata-specific tasks. Duties include creating and updating metadata representing data deposits; file integrity review; making links between new data deposits and published articles; and assisting with data analysis, research, documentation, and administrative activities.
- Available to work during regular business hours (shifts to be determined)
- Familiarity with common word processing and spreadsheet software
- Experience with scholarly literature databases (searching, using, etc.)
- Exposure to metadata standards (XML, Dublin Core, etc.)
- Interest in exploring new data formats and software tools
- Attention to detail, reliability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Currently enrolled student at Drexel
- Familiarity with citation styles and formats, DOIs and other identifiers, indexingservices and databases, and citation management software
- Experience or interest in cataloging or research data management
- Interest in or knowledge of data science, life sciences, data curation, open access/open data
- Interest in or knowledge of issues in scholarly communications and publishing
Education: This job is for graduate or advanced undergraduate students currently enrolled at Drexel University. Coursework in one of the following fields is helpful, although not required: Information and Library Sciences, Biology, Informatics, or Computer Science. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
Candidate Instructions: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. Applicants must submit a brief letter of application (one paragraph is fine), CV/Resume, and contact information for at least two references to Adrian Ogletree, Research Project Manager, Metadata Research Center, email@example.com.